MARE BARROW’S WORLD IS DIVIDED BY BLOOD—those with red and those with silver. Mare and her family are lowly Reds, destined to serve the Silver elite whose supernatural abilities make them nearly gods. Mare steals what she can to help her family survive, but when her best friend is conscripted into the army she gambles everything to win his freedom. A twist of fate leads her to the royal palace itself, where, in front of the king and all his nobles, she discovers a power of her own—an ability she didn’t know she had. Except… her blood is Red.
To hide this impossibility, the king forces her into the role of a lost Silver princess and betroths her to one of his own sons. As mare is drawn further into the Silver world, she risks her new position to aid the Scarlet Guard—the leaders of a Red rebellion. Her actions put into motion a deadly and violent dance, pitting prince against prince—and Mare against her own heart.
- Social injustice? Check
- The lower castes lives in extreme poverty while the higher castes enjoy lavish luxury? Check
- The country is on a brink of rebellion? Check
Just basic elements of dystopian novels. BUT THEN.
- The country is losing war with other country? the selection
- The silvers with amazing superpowers? Shatter me
- The castes divided by blood? Red Rising