January started out pretty badly for me. I read my most anticipated release of 2015, Carry On by Rainbow Rowell and it’s just so dissapointing I feel mad. But that’s the only dissapointing book I read this month though. I read 9 books in total this month. That’s a lot I know, but I just want to read as much book as possible before school started and took all my life force away.
Books I Read
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell ✰✰.5
- Trickster by Matt Dembicki ✰✰✰
- A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ✰✰✰✰
- The Epilouge: A Selection Novella by Kiera Cass ✰✰✰✰✰
- Champion by Marie Lu ✰✰✰✰✰
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon ✰✰.5
- Lorali by Laura Dockrill ✰✰✰✰
- Still Star-Crossed by Melinda Taub ✰✰✰.5
- Diary of Wimpy Kid: Old School by Jeff ✰✰✰✰
Things are going down really fast this month in my life. This year is my final year at school, but last term none of us give any serious thoughts about that. But this term? Well, at the beginning of this month we started to submit our college applications. And we also have 3 back-to-back mock test for our finals. Things are going down for real. I don’t really have many books on my February TBR, and if I do, it’s mostly novellas, so it will be a quick read between weekdays.
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them by J.K Rowling
- Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
- Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
Around the Internet
- Aentee @ Read At Midnight designed Six of Crows wallpaper. They’re all gorgeous so you should definitely check them out if you haven’t seen it!
- Cait @ Paper Fury predicted what YA genre that would be trend in 2016. I don’t know about you guys, but personally I think it would be YA contemporary that discuss more serious issues.
- The Honest Bookclub listed 10 book covers that’s better than the inside.
- Jon @ Bookish Antics shares his experience of being catfished. Stay safe you guys!
- Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight posted about how to behave in nice bookish society.
- I found this Pikachu dancing in the club on tumblr. They’re so cute and honestly my favorite thing this month!
- Ashley @ Falling Down the Book Hole listed 7 qualities we love about bad boys. This list screams “DAMON SALVATORE” to me. *swoons*
- Alex @ Fiery Reads writes about what makes our favorite books.
- Aila @ Happy Indulgence writes about stay true to what your heart says about ratings, don’t be afraid to be the black sheep. This post is so encouraging!
- Alyssa @ Random Morbid Insanity listed types of villains death
- Charnell @ Reviews from A Bookworm talked about the drama that happened around Jennifer Niven’s new book and how people rate the book before they read it just because they hate the synopsis.
- Alexandria @ The Book’s Buzz shares her opinion on selling ARCs
Favorites This Month
- Sherlock Premiere!!! Yass finally! You can see my reaction here. It’s absolutely fantastic!
- Roses by The Chainsmokers. I listened this back in November/December last year, but this month this song really stuck in my head!
- The Feeling by Justin Bieber. GUYS ITS AWESOME. Especially the reff part because it sounds like fetus JB but it’s actually Halsey. I can’t even.
- Also, I’ve started watching Halt and Catch Fire. It’s a tv series on AMC that starred Lee Pace. It’s about the computer revolution, and it’s really interesting since I’ve known nothing about computer, even though I used it a lot. And did I mention Lee Pace already??
Post This Month
- Sherlock “The Abominable Bride” reaction
- December 2015 Wrap Up and January 2016 TBR
- Book Review: Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- Harry Potter vs Carry On
- Book Review: Champion by Marie Lu
- 2016 Reading Challenge
- Book Review: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Book Review: Lorali by Laura Dockrill