Do you have any series that you enjoyed a lot, but haven’t finished them yet? Because life keeps getting in the way, or because there are so many books to read and so many new releases that you ended up just keep buying new books other than books in that series? Yeah me too.
I’m not exactly a series person, especially the long one, that have more than 5 books. I either got distracted or bored. I just find them being too long. I prefer stand-alone, or at least a trilogy. But sometimes, even if there are only 3 books in the series, I could get distracted and keep putting the series on hold. Thus I may continued the series a year, or maybe 2 years later and ended up forgetting all about the plot and the characters, and ended up didn’t enjoyed them as much as I hoped to be.
Why don’t I binge read, you ask? Well, I’m an easily bored person. Last year, I devoured the Grisha series all in one month, and even though I enjoyed them a lot, I still struggled to get through the 3rd book because I can’t wait to finish the series and plunged into another book/another world.
This list is divided into 2 parts: series I keep putting on hold and old series that I haven’t continue because I can’t find the next book. So let’s see how many series I need to finish.
Series I keep putting on hold
1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
2. Anna Dressed in Blood Kendare Blake
3. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
4. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
5. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
6. Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
7. Perfect Chemistry by Simon Elkeles
8. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
9. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
10. Wonder by R.J Palacio
Old series that I can’t find the next book
- Evernight by Claudia Gray: ✔ Evernight ✔ Stargazer ✘ Hourglass ✔ Afterlife ✘ Balthazar
- Spellcaster by Claudia Gray: ✔ Spellcaster ✘ Steadfast ✘ Soceress
- Need by Carrie Jones: ✔ Need ✔ Captivate ✘ Entice ✘ Endure
- Dark Guardian by Rachel Hawthorne: ✔ Moonlight ✔ Dark of the Moon ✔ Full Moon ✔ Shadow of the Moon