Hi guys! I can’t believe it’s April already! I know it’s super late, but as you guys know, I’ve been having a time off because of exams. I think I did pretty okay with the test… I’m feeling good about Chemistry and Physics, failed Math and Biology (even though I really need Biology if I want to get into uni *cries*) and not so sure about English and Bahasa. BUT NOW IT’S ALL OVER GUYS. Which means….
I’M FREE. DOBBY IS FREE.
I’m officially back! I know you guys could still saw me around the blog, because somehow I can’t stay away from bloglovin, and thus, other people blogs. It’s interesting and really refreshing after hours of staring at numbers and textbooks 😄
I read 7.5 half books in total this month. I know that sounds a lot, but 2 of them are novellas, 1 is manga, and I’m halfway through Maybe Someday so I actually only read 4 books this month.
- The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare ✰✰✰✰
- Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi ✰✰✰
- Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi ✰✰✰
- A Room With A View by E.M Forster ✰✰.5
- The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury ✰✰✰.5
- A Mad, Wicked, Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller ✰✰✰
- Kochimuitte, Miiko! vol 28 by Ono Eriko ✰✰✰✰
Since I’m done with all school tests, I want to have a HUGE tbr for next month. But I still have to prepare for national university entrance test, so here’s my still-ambitious-but-not-so-much tbr pile for next month.
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr // Not the kind of book I usually read, but I’m in the mood for some historical fiction now.
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness // I bought this book a year ago. What happened?? I don’t usually neglected book this long. It’s time for me to love this book.
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald // Classic of the month.
- Vicious by V.E Schwab // I know, I know! I’ve been saying I would read this book for so many times. But this time I promise you, I will read this for real.
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater // The Raven King is going to be released on April 26, so this one is my priority for this month.
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover // I’m halfway through the book already, and I think it’s okay so far.
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight asked whether it’s really necessary to commenting back or only for nicety
- Jess @ Princessica of Books posted about materialism in the bookish community. I actually have felt the same way for a long time, so I’m actually glad someone speaks up about this issue.
- Val @ The Innocent Smiley asked if it’s okay to love a problematic book.
- Michelle @ Pink Polkadot Books tells us why she loves unique titles.
- Alexandra @ Twirling Pages is giving advice on starting a blog.
- Anissa @ She Reads Too Much compiled a list about why she would be the worst YA heroine.
- Christy @ Novel Ink listed some green books in honour of St. Patrick’s Day.
- CW @ Read, Think, Ponder listed things she’d love to see in NA fiction.
- Mara @ Mara Was Here asked 10 things to the book genie.
- Bec @ Readers in Wonderland talked about cover changes.
- Brittany @ The Book Addict Guide listed 72 (really accurate) thoughts when we’re on goodreads.
- I’M FREE. No more homework, tests and other things to do for approximately the next 5 or 6 weeks. *throws a party*
- THIS IS THE MONTH OF CIVIL WAR. New posters, new videos, and NEW TRAILER. I know some people complained about Spidey, but guys, he was around 15 in the Civil War event, so of course he sounds like a boy! I loved it, but I still don’t know who sides I’m in!
- Also, the trailer for Miss Peregrine’s Home of Peculiar Children were released. I’m so intrigued by it, I really should read the book ASAP!
- And while we’re talking about movies, I watched Batman v Superman recently… and well, it’s not a bad movie really, it’s just… I prefer The Dark Knight Trilogy. I wish the fight between Batman and Superman was longer, and the plot much clearer. But the acting, the action, and the effect in general is just sooo good. And Henry Cavill, Ben Afleck and Gal Gadot are just such eye candies. It’s on borderline of really good and just good, I would probably give it 3.5-4/5 stars. But I just watched this interview where Ben Affleck found out that the movie received mixed reviews and his expression is just so heartbreaking I’M SO SORRY. I feel really bad now!
- I went back to Pottermore after years of dissapearing, and I’m so pissed that they decided to change the website and delete our old accounts. I don’t even bother to create new account. Why would you do that JKR??
- I just finished a Jily fanfic called “The Life and Times” I think it’s a pretty famous fanfic since everyone seems to know it. It’s absolutely amazing guys, and I want a marauders era sequel more than ever! The problem with this fanfic is like it stopped in chapter 36, and we know it haven’t finished yet! It hasn’t been updated since 2013. Oh what a cruel life.
- I’m also currently obsessed with this Korean drama titled “Descendants of the Sun”. If you like watching K-drama, you’ll likely know this. The story is perfect and Song Joong Ki is just ❤❤❤
- And if you’re watching the Shadowhunters tv show, you know what happened. MY HEART JUST EXPLODED and I cried. It’s just so beautiful oh my God. It’s officially my favorite scenes of March! (except for kissing scenes in Descendants of the Sun of course).
- Not exactly a favorite, it’s more of a question: Should I create separate twitter accounts for this blog? I’d love to interact with you guys, but I don’t want to do it in my current account since, well it’s for personal use. And I’m trying to keep this blog a secret from people I know in real life. So yeah. What do you think should I do?
- I got some books this month! I bought Crown of Midnight and School for Good and Evil, borrowed All The Light We Cannot See and got The Wrath and The Dawn (!!!) as a present.
- The Unfinished Series
- Book Review: Fairest of All and The Beast Within by Serena Valentino
- Book Review: My Heart and Other Blackholes by Jasmine Warga
- Bookish Siblings Tag
- Book Review: The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Adieh
- The Intergalactic Book Tag
- The Chocolate Book Tag
- Book Review: The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
- Remakes and Adaptations in General