We’re officially halfway through 2016! Seriously guys, it’s June now. We only have 6 months left of 2016. Where does the time go???
May is a decent reading month. I read more physical books than e-books this month, which is unusual. I was in a semi-reading slump at the beginning of the month, because of one and other things. And I have exams at the end of the month, so I had to divide my time between studying, reading, preparing for graduation, and blogging. I didn’t complete the Spring bingo, but I think I did a pretty great job with it, all things considered.
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson ✰✰✰
- The Rose and The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh ✰✰✰✰
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr ✰✰✰.75
- Alice’s Adventure in Wonderland by Lewis Caroll ✰✰✰.5
- High Wire by Charles Ogden ✰✰✰
- Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan ✰✰✰✰
- Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini ✰✰✰.5
- Song of the Nile by Stephanie Dray ✰✰.5
I try to slow down my reading this month, because last month I read A LOT of books, so this month I’ll only have 3 books on my TBR.
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
- Vicious by V.E Schwab (I promise, this month I WILL read it. No more proscasinating)
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Also this month, PROMISE)
- I’m officially graduated from high-school! The graduation ceremony was on the 14th, and prom was on the 18th. It’s a bit sad and scary to leave high school and venture to the real world, but at the same time it’s also exciting! I’m finally free from school, from dress code and the rules. (At least for now).
- I did my national state university exams on May 31st, and I’m so nervous. There was another way to get in the uni, by school grades and I’m so bummed that I didn’t get it (it was pretty close!) I wish I did well in the exams, but idk about the results…
- I finished the 2nd season of Game of Thrones! It wasn’t as gory and explicit as the 1st one, and Tyrion is definitely my favorite character! (aside from the hound and Jorah). P.S: Is it weird that I ship Tyrion with Sansa? He just… idk seems nice with her.
- I also watched X-Men: Apocalypse, and I think it’s great! I really liked it, but it just feels too long for me. Jean and Quicksilver is definitely the scene stealer, but not.enough.Erik!
- This is such an amazing month for bookish community. Jenny Han announced #3 book for Lara Jean series, cover for A Conjuring of Light (book #3 in A Darker Shades of Magic by V.E Scwhab) came out, and Cassandra Clare announced an adult series for Magnus Bane! I admit even though I’m tired with Shadowhunters (let’s be honest, Cassie is milking it.) but I’m excited for this new Magnus series. I mean, adult + Magnus + malec? The possibilities are endless!
- Jillian @ Jillian’s Books shares about designing one’s own blog
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight asked if we should at least know the basic of the retellings?
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight created graphics for The Star Touched Queen. I swear it’s so beautiful and I just really really loved it.
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight also discussed why shipping is important to her. (and us)
- Alexandra @ Twirling Pages shares 5 tips for new bookstagrammers.
- Aila @ One Way or An Author shares her reasons reading YA.
- Designer Blogs tell us how to back up blogger blog.
- Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages created gorgeous bookish phone wallpapers.
- Alex @ Fiery Reads listed 5 reasons why we should go to book conference, plus 5 awesome giveaways!
- Sanne @ booksandquills listed her favorite reading eras. (I might do this kind of post, obviously inspired by her video!)
- Sarah @ Kerosene Lit talked about her horrendous bookstagram skill (I feel you) and recommend 25 bookstagrams that you should follow instead.
- Book Review: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- Language Learning Apps
- Captain America Civil War Book Tag
- 7 Things About The Dream Thieves
- Book Review: The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
- Book Review: Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
- The Get to Know Me Tag
- Spring Bingo Wrap-Up
- Book Review: The Rose and The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh