So here I am, fresh out of the cinema, sitting in front of my laptop and typing what I think about the movie. Suicide Squad is one of my most anticipated movie of the year, and I’m so happy I see it on it’s first day!
In case any of you is living under the rock, basically, Suicide Squad is a task force that are made from villains to protect the world. How interesting does that sound? I mean, we have our heroes gang. The Avengers. Guardians of the Galaxy. Star Trek. Star Wars. Order of the Phoenix. And finally, we get our villains gang! Yay! It also has well-known stars, as well as newcomers.
While I really enjoyed the movie, there are, unfortunately, some things that are miss for me. I’ll write this review in a list form to make it easier for you guys. Don’t worry, it doesn’t have any spoiler!
- The characters as an individual is amazing. All of them are really different and unique, I really want to know them all more. But from what we already know, each of them has an interesting backstory.
- Jared freaking Leto. His acting as the Joker is pretty amazing. He scares me a bit. I usually fall for the bad guys, but even I can see how dangerous the Joker is. He’s not a character to be romanticized and to fall in love with. Also, there is this scene where the real Jared Leto appear, not the one with Joker make up, and the echelon inside me just can’t handle him.
- I realize how problematic Joker is, but I really like the relationship between Joker and Harley! (I know how abusive they are in the comic)
- Diablo. He’s so freaking awesome, both as a person and his power.
- Margot Robbie’s acting as Harley Quinn is A+++. Out of the topic, but she’s really lucky to starred movies with 2 hotties this year (Alexander Skarsgård and Jared Leto)
- The visual is amazing.
- The humor in this movie also really made me laugh out loud several times.
- Also, the soundtrack is amazing.
- Deadshot and Harley Quinn are like the main player in the gang, while the rest of them are just side characters. The rest of them are also amazing guys, and I really want to know more about them!
- Not enough Joker. He seems like a really big deal in the promotion, but he only get little screen time in the movie.
- Like I said above, Jared’s acting as the Joker is amazing, but the lack of screen time makes Joker’s craziness doesn’t seem really visible and doesn’t really leave any impression. Granted, this movie is about the squad, not Joker. But I was still hoping for something more.
- I don’t really like Cara’s acting in this one?? I haven’t seen any of her movies tho so idk if it’s just this movie or on others.
- The plot is a bit convulted. It jumps from one thing to another, and it just doesn’t flow really well.