I know, I know, I said I would do it around December/January, but turns out it’s a pretty easy process, so why wait? I’m so happy with it so far, it’s so much easier and less messier 😀
October was a really busy month for me, there are a lot of things happening, and also the dreaded mid term exams. The bright side is the weather has been really amazing this month, the perfect rainy mood weather for me. Before I tell you about my month, let’s see what books I’ve read in October!
- SAY HER NAME // 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃
- THE HIDDEN ORACLE by Rick Riordan // 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃
- MISS PEREGRINE’S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN by Ransom Riggs // 🎃🎃
- DRACULA by Bram Stoker // 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃
- THE BEGINNING WOODS by Malcolm McNeill // 🎃🎃
- THE SONG OF ACHILLES by Madeline Miller
- SEED by Lisa Heathfield
- THE REGULARS by Georgia Clark
- CROOKED KINGDOM by Leigh Bardugo
Reading CROOKED KINGDOM and THE SONG OF ACHILLES in the same month is probably not a good idea, because if what I heard are true, it will crushed my heart and soul.
- Puput @ Sparkling Letters shares her reading evolution through the years with a 3 part series! Here is part 1.
- Aimal @ Bookshelves and Paperbacks created beautiful wallpaper and amazing review of Crooked Kingdom and also a mind-provoking discussion about “foreign” literature.
- Izel @ A Bookish Flower talks about fanfiction pros and cons
- Riveted listed 19 books we have to read in this Hispanic Heritage month
- Cristina @ Girl in the Pages asked why YA thriller focuses heavily on unhealthy female friendship?
- Becca @ Becca and Books talked about positivity and negativity in literature
- Hawwa @ Hawwa, etc talks about writing in your books
- Cassidy @ Quartzfeather discuss the various pros and cons of 3 reading methods
- Riveted listed 10 badass, classy heroines and 5 bookish drinks
- Readers in Wonderland discussed about the future of reading
- Alice @ The Book Castle shares her tips for reading classic
- Jamie @ Perpetual Page Turner shared her list of 24 amazing must read books for fall
There’s a lot happening this month. At the beginning of the month, there was the Indonesia Comic Con. Now comic con was a huge deal in the internet, and so was the Indonesia’s in our media. We have Brianna Hilderbrand! Sadly, this is my first CC ever and I didn’t know how the system work that I bought normal 2 day pass ticket, not the VIP one that would allow me to meet Brianna. Oh well. But I heard her singing on stage and it was SO GOOD. Like honestly, I didn’t knew she could sing like that! Other than Brianna, the comic con sold a lot of merchandise (I bought my first ever funko!) and had a lot of cosplayers. I finally fulfilled my childhood dream and took picture with real-life Kaito Kid! Also found Game of Thrones cosplayer with double Jon Snow, and a Mini Kylo Ren! Like honestly, he was so cute 💕😍 I heard there was Mini Rey too? But I didn’t see her 😔
I watched INFERNO and it was awesome! It wasn’t as good as ANGELS AND DEMONS, but it’s definitely better than DA VINCI CODE.
In preparation for Halloween, I’ve been:
🎃 Listening to the LORE podcast. LORE is podcast about urban legends, ghost, myths, and it’s not THAT scary, but some of the stories could definitely give you chill.
🎃 Watching STRANGER THINGS. Oh yes, I finally join the hype train, albeit a bit late. And guess what? It doesn’t dissapoint! It got that X FILES vibe that I like, but it also totally ables to stand on its own.
🎃 Joining the HALLOWEEN READ-A-THON, be prepared for the wrap up post soon!
Not so many post this month, because you know, hiatus. I posted my SEPTEMBER WRAP UP AND OCTOBER TBR at the beginning of the month, followed by review of CIRQUE AMERICAIN SERIES BY GWENDA BOND. Joining the Halloween hype train, I join HALLOWEEN READ-A-THON hosted by the fabulous Wonderless Review. For all of you Stiefvater enthusiast, I did THE RAVEN CYCLE BOOK TAG before announcing my HIATUS. After exams, I decided to watch BAJIRAO MASTANI and decided to post a review of it. It’s a really good Indian movie if you ever want to watch any. And finally, I decided to participate in a weekly meme! Just prepared for my first post next week! 😊💕
Happy Diwali for those of you who celebrate, and of course, happy Halloween! I always envy you guys who celebrates, it just looks so fun!
But I’m also an easily scared person so it’s probably useless because I won’t go trick or treating.
HOW WAS YOUR OCTOBER? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE NEW (OLD) BLOG?