For this week t5w, the theme is summer reads. Summer is almost here for people who lives in the northern hemisphere but it’s always sunny here in
Philadelphia Indonesia, so technically I can read summer-y books all year run. But I think it’s fun how you guys always created seasonal tbr, so I definitely want to join in the fun! I have 10 books for today’s topic, books I’ve read and books on my tbr. Without further ado, let’s jump right it!
Read and Loved
- ALEX, APPROXIMATELY by Jenn Bennett // Online romance, love hate relationship, surfer boys, beach towns and quirky banter.
- LORALI by Laura Dockrill // shy and curious mermaid vs narcissistic diva mermaid, sleepy beach town, adorable pirate brothers.
- A THOUSAND SALT KISSES by Josie Demuth // merman! lovesick teenage girl, but SUPER strong summer vibe.
- OF POSEIDON & OF TRITON by Anna Banks // Again, merman. But the romance is better here, and we’ll forget that horrible 3rd book ever exist
- SECOND CHANCE SUMMER by Morgan Matson // One last summer together in childhood place because MC’s father is dying, second chance best-friend to couple romance, me crying like a baby
Gathering Dust and Ready for the Sun
- THE SUMMER OF CHASING MERMAIDS by Sarah Ockler // little mermaid retelling, been on my tbr for so long.
- COMPULSION by Martina Boone // gothic southern plantation romance, also been on my tbr for so long
- AURABEL by Laura Dockrill // “continuation of Lorali” *me running to the bookstore*
- BOYS OF SUMMER by Jessica Brody // gang of boys summer, with a “bro-code” being broken.
- ONE ITALIAN SUMMER by Kerris Stainton // second chance romance, family trip in Italy, and apparently, gelato