October has been a busy month academically. I had some kind of gathering at the beginning of the month, then spend the whole month of October playing catch up with the lecturers before mid terms next week. Therefore, my reading also suffered. I only managed to finish 4 books this month, and since I was distracted most of the time, none of them are really statisfactory for me.
- THE HANGING GIRL by Eileen Cook // ✰✰✰
- MY BEST FRIEND’S EXORCISM by Grady Hendrix // ✰✰
- THEY ALL FALL DOWN by Roxanna St. Clair // ✰✰✰
- THE DEAD HOUSE by Dawn Kurtagich // ✰✰✰.5
- COMPULSION by Martina Boone // ✰✰✰✰
- DREAMS OF GODS AND MONSTERS by Laini Taylor
- SNOW AND ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin
- THE DOLLMAKER OF KRAKOW by R. M. Romero
- LITTLE FIRES EVERYWHERE by Celeste Ng
- JANE EYRE by Charlotte Bronte // I didn’t get to finish it in October, so I hope I can do it this month.
- EW released some excerpt from Shatter Me’s sequel RESTORE ME, and I’m loving it.
- Sarah @ Written Word Worlds guest posting at Happy Indulgence and paired some YA books with famous fandoms.
- If you need motivation, go read TIME’s First series, showcasing women who are “firsts” in doing something and breaking the glass ceiling.
- Word Revel analysed the 20 most-common words in YA title.
Like I said, academically, this month has been crazy. Since I barely have time to read, most of the time I opted to watch movies and shows. Lookout for October’s screen rambles because there will be a lot of movies to discuss there!
Stranger Things 2 premiered this month, yet I only managed to finish the first episode. No spoiler please! On the other note, I saw Thor: Ragnarok on Thursday and it was amazing! It totally hyped me up for Infinity War, and give me sort of understanding why it took Marvel so long to release the trailer. Can’t wait!
- Spooktober #1: Creepiest Book Covers
- Screen Rambles: September
- Top 5 Wednesday #24: Scary Settings
- Spooktober #2: Urban Legends and Books Inspired by Them
- My Best Friend’s Exorcism by Grady Hendrix
- Top 5 Wednesday #25: Fae, Elves, and Everything in Between
- Spooktober #3: Favorite Supernatural Episodes
- The Four London Tag
- Spooktober #4: Creepiest Indonesian Ghost
Happy Halloween folks! What’s your costume this year? How do you plan to celebrate tomorrow?