So um… I don’t know whether you noticed or not, but I kinda dissapeared this month… I am usually here on my little corner of internet, commenting or replying to comments, or schedule upcoming post, but this month, I just got distracted I guess. I haven’t been reading a lot either, as you can see with my wrap up below. I don’t know what happened but it feels good to be back!
- THE WITCH SEA by Sarah Diemer // ✰✰✰
- NEVER FADE by Alexandra Bracken // DNF
- THE LOST PATH by Amelie Flechais // ✰✰✰
- THE WITCH DOESN’T BURN IN THIS ONE by Amanda Lovelace // ✰✰✰✰✰
So as you can see, I only managed to finish 3 books, one novella, one poetry and one graphic novel, as well as DNF-ed one book. I guess Never Fade really put me in a reading slump… I should’ve DNF it sooner 😒 I didn’t even get to read Harry Potter this month! 😒 I tried to read 813 but I got distracted. I ended up not enjoying The Summer of Chasing Mermaids as much as I thought I was, and while I initially enjoyed The Darkest Part of the Forest, Hazel started to get on my nerves! My favorite of the unfinished list is The Princess Bride, but I can’t find the motivation to finish it.
Lesson learned: I need to DNF books as soon as possible.
- TESS OF THE ROAD by Rachel Hartman
- HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN by J.K Rowling
- HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE by J.K Rowling
- THE SUMMER OF CHASING MERMAIDS by Sarah Ockler (60%)
- 813 by Maurice LeBlanc (10%)
- THE DARKEST PART OF THE FOREST by Holly Black (37%)
- THE PRINCESS BRIDE by William Goldman (63%)
Basically finish what I’m currently reading and then read Tess because it’s for review. I am also not sure I can finish 2 HP books in a month, but oh well. A girl has to catch up.
- Mikaela @ The Well Thumbed Reader listed all the tropes she love and hate.
- Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity talks about the books she never want to see adapted.
- Olivia @ Purely Olivia questions whether standalones receives enough credit.
- Rebeccah @ The Pixie Chronicles write this amazing discussion on NA, why does it barely expand more than college girls exploring sex unlike YA which goes into fantasy and beyond.
- Laura @ Boats Agains the Current listed the reasons why she hates hardbacks.
Hmmm let see… other than being distracted and sort of dissapear? February has been a weird month. Chinese New Year happened, which was filled with family gatherings, amazing chinese food, and lots of stories 🍲 And then Black Panther happened, which is totally amazing! I admit I was a bit underwhelmed at first because I expected it to be an action packed movie, as the teaser trailer suggest, but the movie took its time exploring Wakanda and its politics. Yet, the more I think about it, the more I fell in love with it. I love how the movie functions as a wake up call and political jab towards current state of the world, and the impact it made to black community!
On the less relevant note… I went bowling for the first time and it was SO MUCH FUN! I mean… I sucked at it, I only got 41, but I had so much fun and laughed a lot with my friends. Not to mention the late-night dinner/gossip session we had afterwards. It’s probably my new favorite way to hangout with friends!
Other than that? Hm, February hasn’t been a very interesting month.
- The Rise of Faes and Necromancer
- Top 5 Wednesday #30: Favorite M/M Couple
- Screen Rambles: January
- Favorite Non Canon Ships
- The Lunar New Year Book Tag
- Why I DNF’ed Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken
- Romance: Is it really necessary to have it in EVERY YA book?