I can’t believe how long January felt, yet February and March felt like a breeze!
Happy Good Friday too to those who celebrate! We’re halfway through Holy Week and this is the longest mass, and my least favorite, especially during the passion reading. But for some reason this year’s mass felt like a breeze and I’m so pumped for easter!
Not a lot of things happened in the month of March, but I got out from my reading slump! I finished all my leftover reads from February and ended up reading a total of 6 books this month 🙌🙌🙌 I still haven’t reach my Harry Potter goal though (still stuck on book 3).
- THE PRINCESS BRIDE by William Goldman // Review coming soon!
- THE SUMMER OF CHASING MERMAIDS by Sarah Ockler // ✰✰
- PRINCESSES BEHAVING BADLY by // ✰✰✰✰✰
- THE DARKEST PART OF THE FOREST by Holly Black // ✰✰✰
- 806 by Cynthia Weil // ✰
- LADY MARY by Lucy Worsley // Review coming soon!
- THE GHOST, THE OWL by Franco & Sarah Richard // ✰✰✰
- HARRY POTTER AND PRISONER OF AZKABAN by J.K Rowling (Yes I still haven’t finished this)
- CIRCE by Madeline Miller
- TESS OF THE ROAD by Rachel Hartman
- THE PRICE GUIDE TO OCCULT by Jessie Wharton
- Mikaela @ The Well-Thumbed Reader mentioned 21 names she can’t pronounce
- Helia Reads @ Rose Quartz Reads explained why she has 4 tbr shelves.
- I missed this in February, but Analee @ Book Snacks listed types of families in YA fiction.
- Swetlana @ The Caffeinated Reviewers asked whether we should rate the book we DNF
As I said, nothing much happened in March. Except a lot of raining. And midterms, which started last monday.
Bookish-wise, other than getting out of my reading slump, I got my wish approved on Netgalley! Unfortunately I didn’t enjoy the book, but I was really excited to got my wish granted. I also decided to take the plunge and email the publishers, requesting an ARC, and while I didn’t get approved for physical ARC (not that I expect my email to be replied, tbh), I got an e-ARC for it! 💛💛💛 And it’s my most anticipated book of the year, on the topic I love the most! 💛💛💛 I’m so excited to read it and I already scheduled my review (even though I haven’t read it yet lol).
I also got obsessed with Super Junior this month, something that truly unexpected. I always keep one foot in western entertaiment and another in korean entertaiment, so I always known what a legend suju is in K-pop world. And while they have catchy songs, I never actually pay attention to the group itself because a) so many members and b) they’ve been on hiatus for such a long time. Tbh, I think they made a mistake by enlisting their members one at a time (it seems like Big Bang avoided that mistake) but anyways, it happened by accident. I can’t sleep late at night and TvN was broadcasting rerun of Super TV and just like that, I am converted. I’ve always been a sucker for korean variety show as they are THE FUNNIEST and I love seeing celebs on them because they always let loose from their usual “prim, proper, and cool” persona.
Also, please don’t ask who my bias is. I’m always bad at answering these questions. From one direction to big bang to suju, I can never pick my favorite tbh.
- February Wrap Up & March TBR
- Top 5 Wednesday #31: Favorite Urban Fantasy
- The Witch Doesn’t Burn in this One by Amanda Lovelace
- Top 5 Wednesday #32: Least Favorite Book in Favorite Series
- The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler // Lost in its own beauty
- Rereading: Is it worth the time? (+ Books I need to reread)
- Dreamy Book Cover Tag
- Princesses Behaving Badly: Real Stories from History Without the Fairy-Tale Endings by Linda Rodríguez McRobbie
- The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
- TV Shows to Watch in Order
- Top 5 Wednesday #33: SF/F in Other Media
- 806 by Cynthia Weil // Is there some kind of joke I’m missing here?
How was your March? Do you listen to K-pop? If you do, what is your favorite group/singer?