Now that July is over, it feels like we’re officially starting the second half of the year! July has been a really busy month- work has been really picking up now that I have a project to run and I’ve been learning so many new things along the way. I managed to read a lot at the beginning of the month though; an amount and titles that really surprised me, all things considered.
Let’s get into the wrap up!
- GRAVE MERCY by Robin LaFevers // 🌟🌟🌟🌟.5
- DARK TRIUMPH by Robin LaFevers // 🌟🌟🌟🌟
- DARK WATERS by Katherine Arden // 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
- #PRETTYBOY MUST DIE by Kimberly Reid // 🌟🌟
- THE BURNING GOD by RF Kuang // 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
- SWEET BEAN PASTE by Durian Sukegawa // 🌟🌟🌟
July was a fantastic reading month, even better than I hoped for and definitely one of the best ones in my recent memory. In terms of quantity, I read 5 books (which is higher than previous months) and in terms of page numbers, all of them are full-length novel! I decided to started Grave Mercy on impulse and ended up being swept up by it, that I immediately read the second book. I need a break before finishing the series though, so I decided to pick up Dark Waters (which I loved) and #Prettyboy Must Die which has been on my TBR for so long but sadly I didn’t enjoy. I also decided to pick up The Burning God instead of finishing Grave Mercy series, but I didn’t regret it at all. It was full of emotional pain and still dazed from its ending 😭
August is looking to be another busy month, I don’t think I’ll be able to read anything until the third week of August 😬 That being said, I’m looking forward to read Mortal Heart and Piranesi! I actually already tried a few pages from Mortal Heart but my heart wasn’t really in it so I put it down. Hopefully before this month ends! I’m also super excited for Empty Smiles since Katherine Arden is one of my all time favorite authors, so I’m really excited to see how she’s going to wrap up the series.
- Sabrina @ Wordy and Whimsical shared her 20 favorite non-disney movies
- Summer’s here so this post by Merline @ Merline Reads on her best & worst sunscreen will be perfect for the season!
- Azia @ The Uncharted World talked about why rereading books can be amazing
- Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books shared 20 books set in boarding school
- Kal @ Reader Voracious explained the difference between mystery vs thriller
- Maddie @ Inking and Thinking talked about creating a healthy balance between blogging and life
- Nyx @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books recommended 10 YA forbidden romance books
- Lais @ The Bookish Skies compared Brazilian & American book covers
July actually started out quite nice, the first two weeks were quite calm especially considering I just came back from a holiday to a nearby island with my friends. The last half of July was insane though… It’s been so long since I feel this busy, challenged, and alive, so I guess it’s a good thing. But at the same time there’s just a lot of anxiety because if I’m being honest, despite all of the friends and the project being everything I wanted, my workplace is not the best and there’s a lack of support for the project team considering the target they set 😢 So yeah. August and September are looking to look like a VERY busy and high pressure months 😭
The end of July also marks my birthday and I had the most amazing time with my friends! We went on another staycation, so I spent my birthday surrounded by my friends, spectacular view and clean nature 🌱🌊 I wished I could savor the day longer, but alas. It’s going to be an unforgettable one, I can say that for sure!
Another perks of moving here, other than the beautiful nature, is the fact that the temperature is cooler and the air is cleaner! Everyday I heard complaints about Jakarta’s air quality, temperature and traffic and I’m really happy I don’t have to deal with that 🤣
My July playlist has been really dominated with latin and reggaeton, it’s really weird 😂 In addition, Seventeen had their repackage comeback for Face the Sun, Sector 17, and the extra songs are perfection! Face the Sun remains my favorite album this year but Sector 17 is so physically pretty and vibrant I’m considering buying myself another copy 🌻 My favorite track from this album is _WORLD; Seventeen once again proving they’re the reigning king of “fresh” songs and DK’s voice just never fails!